عمليات زراعة الشعر
Hair transplant Procedure
Hair transplantation is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure performed under local anesthesia. In which the appropriate follicles are transferred from the donor area, which is the back area of the scalp that extends between the ears, which is characterized by its resistance to the (DHT) hormone that causes hair loss, to the receiving area, which is the area to be treated for baldness.
Hair loss or baldness is due to genetic, environmental, and health factors that affect many people of all ages, causing adverse psychological, social, and professional effects on the person. Strong hair with an attractive appearance is an aesthetic point that imposes its presence on women and men alike and enhances self-confidence. Hence the importance of hair transplantation as a radical solution to the problem of baldness and severe hair loss.
Hair Transplant for Men
Severe hair loss for men begins with the receding of the frontal hairline and the gradual disappearance of hair from the crown and frontal scalp regions, forming the letter (M). In some advanced cases, hair loss for men often reaches partial or total baldness.
Hair transplantation for men is the ideal solution to treat baldness. In it, the follicles are implanted in places that suffer from baldness for a permanent treatment, because the transplanted follicles maintain their vitality and activity in their new location for up to 50 years.
Beard transplantation is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that addresses the problem of incomplete beard growth for men, fills the hair spaces in the chin area, and gives the required density to the beard and mustache areas. Through which hair follicles are transferred from the donor area, i.e., the back of the head, to the receiving area, which are the beard and mustache areas to be treated.
Hair Transplant for Women
Many women suffer from hair thinning and hair loss, and baldness for women usually begins when the density of hair on the head gradually decreases. Baldness for women is not as complete as it is for men, but it appears in the form of voids that affect the entire head, especially the upper part, and the front hairline does not recede.
Women’s hair transplant provides the final solution to get rid of bald spots and reduce hair loss by transferring follicles from the donor area to the hairless areas to fill those voids and treat them.
Eyebrows transplant is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure that aims to increase the density of eyebrows that suffer from thinning or are completely missing due to a disease or accident, for both women and men. Through this procedure, the follicles suitable for the eyebrow area are transferred from the edges of the donor area, to be implanted in the eyebrow area to give the required density and match the shape of the face.
Obstacles to Hair Transplant
Not everyone wishing to have a hair transplant can undergo the procedure. The patient may not be eligible for the operation even if he needs it. These obstacles are …
- Who suffers from cardiology disease.
- Those who suffer from thyroid disease.
- Those who suffer from glandular or hormonal disorders.
- Those who suffer from blood pressure diseases.
- Who suffers from the (second and third) stages of diabetes.
- Those who suffer from burn scars or deep wounds in the transplantation areas.
- Who suffers from HIV.
- Who suffers from severe anemia (severe anemia).
- People who have leukemia (blood cancer).
- Who suffers from hepatitis C virus.
- Those who have epilepsy or any neurological diseases that may cause agitation or involuntary movements.
- Who suffers from multiple sclerosis.
- People who suffer from obsessive-compulsive disorder, which is embodied in hair pulling.
Candidates for Hair Transplant
Candidates for hair transplantation in all its categories, hair transplantation, beard and mustache hair transplant, and eyebrow transplant, are the category of people who have the following characteristics…
- Those with good general health.
- Those with strong and healthy donor areas.
- Those who are over 25 years of age.
- Those with genetic baldness.
- Those with weak facial hair in the beard, eyebrows, or both locations.
- Those with severe hair loss.
- To be free of skin diseases that hinder the transplantation.
Pre-Hair Transplant Instructions
A set of essential instructions must be adhered to before undergoing the hair transplantation process.
First, if you are constantly taking certain medications or nutritional supplements, you should tell your medical advisor about this, who may direct you to take permission from your doctor to stop using some of them. Some medications and nutritional supplements should be avoided before the transplant, and others may be natural to persist with it.
Here are the most essential instructions…
- Refrain from smoking for at least a week before the operation, because it affects the oxygen levels in the blood and thus affects the growth of follicles and the success of the operation.
- Refrain from taking blood diluting meds because they directly lead to transplant failure, such as; Green tea or vitamins, especially multivitamins, because they contain vitamin E.
- Generally, avoid all stimuli and caffeine at least a week before transplantation, as they weaken the response to anesthesia.
- Avoid medical drugs that cause blood-diluting, such as aspirin and ibuprofen compounds, at least a week before transplant.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet to avoid complications during the transplantation.
Hair Transplant Stages
In this stage, the areas affected by baldness are examined, the safety of the donor area is checked, and the number of follicles needed for transplantation is determined by using a microscopic display device, in addition to determining the area to be transplanted and the density to be obtained.
Conducting The Necessary Tests and Examinations
Before the operation, skin and blood tests are performed to ensure that all vital signs are good and that the patient’s body is ready to undergo the transplant.
Anesthesia and Follicle Extraction
The hair in the donor area is shaved using a sterile razor blade to facilitate the extraction process, then the donor area is numbed with local anesthesia, and the follicles suitable for the site to be transplanted are extracted. In the end, these follicles are prepared for transplantation.
The Transplantation Stage
Here the cultivation stage varies according to the area to be cultivated; The scalp, the eyebrows, or the beard and mustache. It also varies according to the technology used. The receiving area is anesthetized locally, then the follicles are implanted according to what has been agreed upon between the patient and the doctor in terms of the area and density of the area to be transplanted.
Post-Hair Transplant Instructions
A set of tips you must commit to after the hair transplantation process to reach the desired results from the operation…
- Keep the head up and do not bend forward.
- Stay away from the water completely after transplantation to prevent infections for the first 72 hours.
- Sleeping with the head rise above the level of the feet to avoid swelling.
- Do not exercise and avoid physical exhaustion for at least two weeks.
- Refrain from swimming for 3 months.
- Avoid climatic changes as much as possible, such as direct exposure to sunlight, heat, and high humidity. As well as avoid standing in the rain and exposure to dust, for at least a month.
- Reducing smoking as much as possible for at least a month after the operation ensures the safety of new follicles’ growth.
- Avoid sexual intercourse in the first week after planting.
- Avoid experiencing saunas, steam rooms, and Turkish baths for at least a month after the operation.
- take the medications recommended by the doctor; Such as anti-inflammatories, analgesics, moisturizing ointments, and nutritional supplements if prescribed by the doctor, such as serums necessary for the healthy growth of transplanted follicles.